Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog 9

The article I read this week was “Can Chris Brown’s career survive?” from cnn.com. The article is mainly about how whether or not Chris Brown can overcome this tragedy in his life. As you all probably know by now Chris Brown allegedly assaulted his girlfriend Rihanna in an alley on February 8th before they were both supposed to perform at the Grammy’s.

If anyone were accused of beating their girlfriend it would obviously greatly hurt their image. It almost hurts Chris Brown more because he makes his money by singing and his fan base is mainly teen age girls. A lot of his fans may not leave because they do not care about his personal life and just like the music he makes. However, a bunch of the younger fans he has will probably have parents that strongly disapprove of what he has done and will not support him at all and may even not allow their kids to purchase his music. Most of his fan base is probably now gone. If he wants to have a chance at reviving his career he is most likely going to have to target adults because most of the teen age girls that know he assaulted a younger woman will not be supporting him anymore.

I do not agree with what Chris Brown has done at all, you should under no circumstances hit a girl. In the pictures that I saw she looked pretty bad if this whole story holds up. The crazy thing about this whole ordeal is that she got back together with him after all of this happened. I think there may be something about this story we don’t know, because I don’t see why she would go back to him. I can’t believe that she felt she deserved what happened so she is going back to him, but she must love him a lot. As for his career, I think it will be alright because music stars get in trouble all the time and they never seem to completely disappear.

2 comments:

  1. Mike, I agree NEVER should anyone hit anyone. Yes I also saw the pictures and she looked horrible. It is sad that something like this ever has to happen to anyone. Also it is sad that she is going back to him after he did such a thing to her. I heard on a talk show this morning that he is losing many of the awards he may have had a chance at because of this. I dont think anything is ever so bad that it would cause you to do such a thing to someone. I feel that he deserves all the negative publicity that he is getting. He deserves jail time as well. I also think Rhinna is crazy for going to back to him and who says that he wont do this type of thing or worse to her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I'm thinking much like you - that people (or his fans) won't like him so much anymore. But at the same time they'll still like his music, so he is pretty lucky he can make some good songs. But other than that - I'm sure everyone lost respect for the man. And for Rihanna - its just silly to go back to someone after they treat you like a piece of garbage.
    He also backed out of the Nick kid's awards - I heard.. and as Tiff mentioned, lost his nominations/awards.
    He goofed up bad - and its going to take time to heal his image..time and a clean slate..

    ReplyDelete